Visionary Leaders Institute’s VLITech21
Visionary Leaders Institute’s Professional Development Workshops and Training are aligned to the Common Core standards designed to develop and strengthen the school-wide community for a great foundation, where every student and educator strives for academic excellence. Participants are engaged in innovative and interactive small to large group hands-on sessions. Workshop attendees are administered pre and post assessments to document the progress of participants during training. Our PD workshops will instruct and assist educators in utilizing 21st Century technology to develop and implement Professional Learning Communities (PLC) and Professional Learning Networks (PLN) to fulfill both school and district-wide student achievement and curriculum content goals.
In addition, VLI workshops exercise a research-based approach to assist educators with the development of a well-balanced implementation method that will encompass a strategic plan for targets, indicators and action steps for student improvement and student achievement goals. Instructors will guide participants in developing relevant and appropriate targets and goals for their specific grade levels and classrooms.
Monthly Full Day Professional Development Training will be provided to administrators and educators during Teacher Based Team (TBT) Meetings or Teacher planning periods. Teacher Technology Training content is based on the access and availability of technology tools that are available (or forthcoming) at the designated school. VLI staff member(s) will be available in the school building from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm during training dates.
Program Learning Objectives
The “Technology PD Workshops uses a developmentally appropriate integrated multi-media approach designed to strengthen participants’ abilities in the following areas:
- 1:1 iPad Training and Implementation
- 21st Century Technology (SMART Boards, Laptops, Tablets, etc.)
- BYOD / BYOT Implementation Training and Workshops
- Connecting 20th Century Instructors to 21st Century Learners
- Integrating Technology and Social Media in Education
- Diversity & Cultural Competence Training
- Preparing for PARCC: “Tech-Up” for the Test
- PBL: Project Based Learning with Technology
- Connecting with 21st Century Parents and the community
- Google Apps for Educators (GAFE) Workshops